Counselling Supervision in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
Are you a counsellor in need of an experienced, understanding and qualified supervisor? Please read on to find out how Hope Counselling Services can fulfil your requirements…
Local Counselling Supervision
My name is Colin Johnson, owner of Hope Counselling Services.
I’m a conscientious, caring counsellor and supervisor with experience in both private practice and in voluntary agency settings. I have many years of experience in working in a people focused environment as a counsellor, community worker and pastoral worker. This includes experience of working in a person centred, CBT and psychodynamic orientation as a counsellor, supervisor and client. I can provide Counselling Supervision in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire as well as the surrounding towns and counties.
I am a member of BACP and on their accredited voluntary register and have passed a recognised supervision diploma. I have a proven ability to build good working relationships with supervisees for the benefit of their clients, using the Cyclical Model of supervision in which supervision is an ongoing, negotiated and dynamic process.
Colin Johnson, Counselling Supervisor
Contact us now to arrange a free, no obligation meeting!
Counselling Supervision Experience
- 2012 to Present – Private Counselling Supervision in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire and the surrounding area
- 2010 to 2013 – Supervision of Eclipse Alcohol & Counselling Service counsellors, Newport Pagnell
In the past I have supervised counsellors for Eclipse Drug and Alcohol Counselling Service. My supervisees had some challenging clients with issues such as:
- Addiction (alcohol, drug, sexual)
- Relationship issues
- Self esteem and personality disorders.
Reviewing client work has been a key area but I’ve also found that some counsellors had training and development needs and there were times when issues such as dual relationships had to be worked through. The well being of the counsellor was also an area that was worked through with one supervisee and how this impacted the clients.
In private practice I’ve been seeing a supervisee who has clients with domestic violence issues. These are challenging clients and we explored different ways of working with their clients using creative methods.
Another supervisee has been working towards the completion of a diploma. In this case I have been supporting her with client work as well as helping her to apply some of the theory she is learning at college.
I have an excellent working relationship with my own supervisor and we meet monthly. My supervisor is a very experienced supervisor in full- time practice who has supervisee and counselling clients. I also meet with another experienced counsellor regularly for peer supervision. This is helpful to reflect and share good practice.
- 2013 BACP Certificate of Proficiency (August 2013)
- 2012 Level 5: Intermediate Diploma in Counselling Supervision (CPCAB)
- 2010 Level 4: Course The Knowledge, Skills & Attitudes Framework for Counselling 60 Credits National Open College Network
- 2008- Level 2: Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills Herts & Beds Counselling Foundation (CPCAB)
- 1996- Level 3: Advance Certificate in Counselling (Open College) – Barnabus Training Consortium (BTC)
- 1991 Diploma in Pastoral Studies
I have also attended workshops in:
- Trauma and the Body Course
- Attachment and rewiring
- CBT Anxiety and panic
- Couple counselling
- Sexuality and couple sexual disfunction
Contact me now for counselling supervision in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire and the surrounding area –
Get In Touch
Hockliffe Street Baptist Church, Hockliffe Street